FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 11, 2019
DENVER, Colo. – Lucius A. Ashby, Jr., CPA has joined Birmingham, Alabama based certified public accounting firm, Banks, Finley, White & Co., to provide accounting and financial consulting services to the Rocky Mountain region of the United States. Mr. Ashby has become a Partner in the Firm and will be in charge of the Denver office of Banks, Finley, White & Co.
This professional combination will bring the collective resources and experience of Mr. Ashby and Banks, Finley, White & Co.’s 40 employee operation to Colorado. They will support Mr. Ashby’s current client base as Banks, Finley, White & Co., expands the firm’s collective client services in the Rocky Mountains.
Mr. Ashby has practiced as a CPA in the Rocky Mountain Region since graduating from the University of Colorado in 1969. He makes this transition after operating under the name of Jackson, Ashby, Goldstine, PC since 2003. Earlier this year both of Mr. Ashby’s partners James Goldstine and Elmer Jackson passed away, which created both the need and the opportunity for this new venture.
Banks, Finley, White & Co. has offered years of accounting services to diverse communities in their areas of operation. The firm was founded in 1973 and is one of the leading, nationally recognized, and regionally located CPA firms in the nation with offices in Atlanta, Birmingham and Memphis. Banks, Finley, White & Co. recognizes that the first step to providing quality services to its clients is to develop a leadership philosophy from the top of the organization that sets a tone for character, commitment and competence. The team’s senior leaders, with decades of experience, oversee a highly qualified staff that make up the balance of the engagement teams. Each regional office is headed by a Resident Partner. Mr. Ashby is the Resident Partner in Denver and he has the responsibility for all engagements accepted by that office. Each engagement is assigned a client service team that is comprised of an experienced partner and manager within the scope of the client’s portfolio of services. All engagements are administered in accordance with professional standards and are closely monitored for compliance with the Banks, Finley, White & Co. quality control policies and procedures.
Under the new umbrella of Banks, Finley, White and Co., Mr. Ashby will be in charge of a Colorado office that offers expanded services in:
- Audit and Assurance
- Governmental entity audits
- General purpose financial statements
- Uniform Guidance single audits
- HUD audits
- SOC 1 Reporting (Service Organization Control Reporting)
- Employee benefits plan audits
- Limited scope audits of qualified plans
- Full scope audits of qualified plans
- Required 11-K filings on plans of public companies with SEC
- Governmental entity audits
- Accounting system consultation
- Accounting system design and implementation
- Design and implementation of subsystems- accounts payable, accounts receivable,
payroll and inventory
- Depreciation and Amortization schedules
- Design of financial statements and budgetary reports
- Tax planning for income, sales and property
- Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support Services
- General management and organizational planning
- Computerized accounting systems
- Management training
- Development of accounting procedures and policies manuals
- Financial planning and control systems
- Compensation studies and incentive plans
- Organizational reviews and analyses
- Economic feasibility of projects and ventures
- New business start-up advice and assistance
- Mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and liquidations
- Consideration of rules and regulations applicability for various organizations
- Tax return preparation and compliance- timely and accurately
- Audit representation- appealing positions of taxing authorities, resolving tax notices and
analyzing tax audits
- Advance rulings- prepare documents to request and negotiate with IRS to facilitate
decisions prior to financial transactions.
- Tax consultation on business transactions including mergers, reorganizations and
- Exempt organization services, including applications for exempt status advance rulings
- Estate and Trust planning
- State and local tax consulting
Mr. Ashby has been a resident of Colorado since 1964. He has been involved in numerous community boards, events and activities during his professional career. He is currently the Treasurer and chair of the Colorado Golf Association’s Finance Committee and a member of the board of the Denver Rotary (31). Mr. Ashby has served as a board member with Denver Kids and Denver Chamber of Commerce and served as the treasurer for the Denver Rotary Foundation. He also participated in the Leadership Denver Program, and is actively involved in his house of worship, Colorado Community Church. Lucius and his wife Victoria have been married for 35 years. He is thrilled to begin this next chapter as proud member of the Denver community.
Lucius Ashby, CPA
Banks, Finley, White & Co.
Certified Public Accountants
925 South Niagara, Suite 240
Denver, Colorado 80224
Gomez Howard Group